Indeed it is too bad TSM (or Veritas or Legato) doesn't supply a
notification mechanism.  It's pretty simple for our UNIX clients to notify
themselves, but for others, not so easy.

We load a DB2 database every morning with info from TSM server databases
(we've got 8 servers).  Then we run a script that checks filespaces backup
completion times/dates, and send e-mail to the owner of the node, getting
addresses from owner - employee information system.

Not fail-safe, but it helps