Dias, Bill (GTIWHQ) wrote, in part..
>         Our current level of  ADSM 3.1.2.50.    I know, tell the bean
> counters.   We wanted to know how much storage was being used by different
> parts of the system, so I wrote a PERL script to retrieve the information.
> For s... and giggles I added some processing for q occup.  Surprise!  They
> don't match.  Ok, I understand when the sizes returned by the q vol command
> are smaller than the those returned by the q occup it is because tapes are
> checked out of the library.   Most of the time the q vol size is larger than
> the q occup size.  Why?? I would have expected equal values.

Wild (completely speculation) guess:

Maybe this is an artifact of "small file aggregation", where for many
operations *SM treats a block of files as an entity.  That is, *maybe*
QUERY VOL size is measuring aggregate size, whereas QUERY
OCCUP size is measuring unexpired data size. (Some of the
aggregates contain expired file data).

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System