I've got a dozen or so 3494 Libraries with 2 to 5 3590 E1A's per silo. I
typically run into these errors a few times per week on a regular basis.
I've also had the micro code upgraded, and had *many* hardware
replacements/adjustments performed. At this point, the only thing to do
is track the errors day to day - if the same tape acts up on multiple
drives, we toss the tape - if the same drive acts up on multiple tapes
that don't show problems in other drives, we have the drive serviced
again and again.
On Monday, April 23, 2001, at 12:27 PM, Debbie Lane wrote:
> We have been receiving an abnormal amount of ANR8359E Media Fault, and
> ANR8830E Excessive media failures for volume.
> Hardware has replaced the cleaning brush, tape head, and card pack. ]
> ADSM Server - 3.1.2.90
> OS - AIX 4.3.3
> Atape 6.0.4.0
> atldd 4.1.5.0
> Tape Library IBM 3494
> Tape drive IBM 3590 E1A
> Tape brand - IBM
> Our CE said we are current on micro code for the library and drives.
> Anyone else experiencing this problem?
>