From: Cook, Dwight E [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RAID-5 Vs Mirroring

Were you using just a single card ?
Have you ever played with "higher availability" SSA card configurations ?
Take two cards and set up something like
Card1-PortA1 -> out to drawer(s)
Card1-PortA2 <-> Card2-PortA1
Card2-PortA2 -> out to drawer(s)

then if either card fails, the other still drives the environment.
you can do the same with the B-Loop

Dwight