Thanks for the suggestion Steven.

After much machinations and struggling against the admin lockdowns, we were
able to get it to work, but in a totally illegal way.

1.  We had to access the AD account/password that is used for backing up
*ALL* of the CIFS/DFS nodes.  We certainly can not give this information
out and audit/ISO certainly would not allow it.
2.  We had to add the account (#1) to the Backup Operators group on the
desktop used for the ISP client restore process (very few people are
allowed to do this and nobody has access to desktop/local administrator
accounts)

As I mentioned, the backups we need to access via proxy are run via a
special AD account (identified in the scheduler service). So looking for
suggestions on how to do this a different way, if possible.

I do have a question about the proxy process.  To test this, I created a
dummy ISP node so the desktop client can sign-in to it to be able to use
"Access another node".  My question is, since I setup the proxy target
(node that has the data/backups) and proxy agent (dummy node), on the ISP
server, do I still need to go to the target node and give the agent access?

--
zfor...@vcu.edu - 804-828-4807
visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/