From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Del
Hoobler
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:16 PM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Netapp snapdiff issues having TSM client on a Linux machine,
making use of NFS mounts

Hi Arnaud,

>> ... there's still the limitation that this GUI will be usable only once
logged on the machine hosting the Spectrum Protect client

What do you mean by "that machine"?

The Backup-Archive client is not in the data path for an NDMP backup or
restore. The data path is between the NetApp filer and the server's tape
library (or more generally speaking the storage pools).  The
Backup-Archive client is reading metadata from the server to present
information to the end user.

This means that the user can log in to any machine (Windows/AIX/Solaris
x86) that has a Backup-Archive client. When the user logs into the
Spectrum Protect server (at launch of the Backup-Archive client) they are
providing an admin id that is not tied to a specific machine.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 09/18/2018
07:57:56 AM:

> From: PAC Brion Arnaud <arnaud.br...@panalpina.com>
> To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date: 09/18/2018 07:58 AM
> Subject: Re: Netapp snapdiff issues having TSM client on a Linux
> machine, making use of  NFS mounts
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>
> Hi Del,
>
> Thanks for the information, which I got as well thru other channels
> (IBM support), but there's still the limitation that this GUI will
> be usable only once logged on the machine hosting the Spectrum Protect
client.
> This means that I will be forced to grant some of my colleagues
> (which were previously doing the restores on their own)  specific
> logging rights on that machine. Was not the case before ...
>
> Cheers.
>
> Arnaud

7b5a59c4-656c-11e8-bb80-00a098d614c2.2018-09-18_121000/acrimport_ref/ch