Von: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> Im Auftrag von Francisco
Molero
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2019 11:43
An: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Betreff: Re: [ADSM-L] Question on switching server roles in replication

 Hi ,

you can check this doc:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21628618

    En jueves, 31 de enero de 2019 11:06:59 CET, Nachtwey, Bjoern
<bjoern.nacht...@gwdg.de> escribió:

 Dear all,

I set up a new server for one of our customers and will use the old server and
library as target for replication. First I tried to export the data, but this
takes too long due to the amount of data. So my next approach is to set up
replication from the existing server to the new one and afterwards switch the
roles: the former source server becomes the target server and vice versa, later
on I switch both rules and replicate from the new server to the old one.

Unfortunately some data was backed up to the "former source server" but not
replicated to the "former target server" when switching the roles for some
nodes.
So now some backups are already run to the "new source server" (former target)
server and the "new" target server (former source server) holds some data, the
"new source server does" not have.

What's the best way to get both servers synchronized?
Perhaps I do a wrong assumption: Will that "additional" data on the "new target
server" be deleted if I start the replication or can I switch the roles as
often I like and synchronize by replicating the data first in one direction and
then vice versa?

Thanks & best
Bjørn
Bjørn Nachtwey

Arbeitsgruppe "IT-Infrastruktur"
Tel.: +49 551 201-2181, E-Mail: bjoern.nacht...@gwdg.de
Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG) Am
Faßberg 11, 37077 Göttingen, URL: http://www.gwdg.de
Tel.: +49 551 201-1510, Fax: +49 551 201-2150, E-Mail: g...@gwdg.de
Service-Hotline: Tel.: +49 551 201-1523, E-Mail: supp...@gwdg.de
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen, Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001