I just replied to you prior post, so there is some overlap. But now my
suggestion can be more specific:

    dsmc query backup \\wnjcr03p\f$\ -inactive

That will show all active and inactive objects in the root of F:

The point-in-time restore from the GUI requires directory backups that were
created on or before the PIT criteria. Creating new directory backups will
not enable PIT restores for dates and times prior to the new directory
backup.

Try the above query to see what directory backups exist that are both
active and inactive. And double-check the management class used for those
directories.

In general, to guarantee PIT restores for 32 days, the best practice (in my
opinion) is to bind directories via the DIRMC option to a management class
that has VEREXISTS=NOLIMIT, VERDELETED=NOLIMIT, RETEXTRA=32, RETONLY=32.
The management class you described sounds "close enough", but if by chance
more than one backup were run in a given day, the VER*=NOLIMIT settings
would still retain the directory backups based on age only.

Regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | stor...@us.ibm.com

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 2019-04-30
15:04:04:

> From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrho...@firstenergycorp.com>
> To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date: 2019-04-30 15:08
> Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Win BA client GUI shows empty drive for
> PIT restore view
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>
> I ran a dirsonly selective backup of the F drive:  selective f:\ -
> subdir=yes -dirsonly
> I figured this would allow the PIT restore to have the dirs. it needed.
> It backed up:
>   Total number of objects inspected:      183,714
>   Total number of objects backed up:      183,714
>
> But, when I now fire up the gui, the F: drive is still completely empty.
>
> Here is one of the top level dirs CR-ENG.
> \\wnjcr03p\f$   2       ACTIVE_VERSION  DIR     \       CR-ENG
> 2019-04-29 02:43:25.000000
>

> Rick

u=https-3A__www.mail-2Darchive.com_adsm-2Dl-40vm.marist.edu_msg07963.html&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=Ij6DLy1l7wDpCbTfcDkLC_KknvhyGdCy_RnAGnhV37I&m=ulPyTMyU90o-0a4mv8uEVVC4COXOotbTbXT3hfVdIGY&s=IuP2wXFdhadtQWBe8sMPZ1mOFVoCJkWCQa7hcfPaAc0&e=