From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of J. Eric
Wonderley
Sent: dinsdag 7 april 2020 14:07
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: anyone running SPv8.1.8 server on rhel7.8?

I upgraded our target server from rhel7.6 to rhel7.8 and now dsmserv doesn't
come up.  The server worked fine on 7.6.

After moving to rhel7.8 I now see this fail on an interactive startup:
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0152I Database manager successfully started.
ANR0172I rdbdb.c(2519): Error encountered performing action ActivateDatabase.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -1225:SQLSTATE
57049: The operating system process limit has been reached.
:-1225
(SQL1225N  The request failed because an operating system process, thread, or
swap space limit was reached.  SQLSTATE=57049 ).
ANR0171I dbiconn.c(1936): Error detected on 0:1, database in evaluation mode.
ANR0169E An unexpected error has occurred and the IBM Spectrum Protect server
is stopping.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -1:57049:-1225
([IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1225N  The request failed because an operating system
process, thread, or swap space limit was reached.
SQLSTATE=57049
).

Transaction hash table contents (slots=256):
  *** no transactions found ***

Lock hash table contents (slots=3002):
Note: Enabling trace class TMTIMER will provide additional timing info on the
following locks
  *** no locks found ***

Per ibm website I'm still in bounds on os version.

I also observe:
[root@barge ~]# ipcs -l

------ Messages Limits --------
max queues system wide = 32000
max size of message (bytes) = 65536
default max size of queue (bytes) = 65536

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 4096
max seg size (kbytes) = 263874788
max total shared memory (kbytes) = 17179869184 min seg size (bytes) = 1

------ Semaphore Limits --------
max number of arrays = 128
max semaphores per array = 250
max semaphores system wide = 256000