From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Del Hoobler
Sent: woensdag 27 mei 2020 16:42
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Spectrum Protect Plus IA restore

Hi Eric,

"Power On VM after Recovery" is the option to use.

"Recovery" is complete once the VM is registered in vCenter and mounted from
the (vSnap) backup repository. This is almost immediate. No bits need to move.

This setting will power on the VM immediately after mounting and prior to the
vMotion.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 05/27/2020
03:09:12 AM:

> From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOP NS) - KLM" <eric-van.l...@klm.com>
> To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date: 05/27/2020 03:09 AM
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Spectrum Protect Plus IA restore
> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>
> Hi Del,
>
> It doesn't seem to work. During the restore the option to start the
> VM is grayed-out in vCenter. SPP shows another option in the restore
> job settings (Power on after recovery), but that is not what I want,
> I want the VM powered on during the restore.
> I will open a case for this. Thanks for your help!
>
> Kind regards,
> Eric van Loon
> Air France/KLM Storage & Backup

Hoobler
> Sent: dinsdag 26 mei 2020 17:27
> To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Subject: Re: Spectrum Protect Plus IA restore
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> By default, a "Production mode" restore does a streaming restore.
>
> If you change the job option and uncheck "Enable streaming (VADP)
restore"
> it will be a vMotion based recovery instead. (First, toggle the
> option to view 'Advanced Setup' and change it)
>
> This means it will instantly mount the VM from the vSnap repository
> and then do a vMotion back to the data store.
>

> FYI, you could achieve the same result using 'Test' mode as well. After
> Test restore, the user gets two options. You could #1 'Cleanup' and it
> will remove the VM and the related mount point. Or you could #2 Move to
> Production, and it will use the 'Production' mode settings and perform a

> vMotion. The idea of the test restore is for the users to first test the

> VM and ensure you have everything you need before you decide to move it
> production.
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> Del
>

> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 05/26/2020
> 07:11:37 AM:
>
> > From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOP NS) - KLM" <eric-van.l...@klm.com>
> > To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
> > Date: 05/26/2020 07:12 AM
> > Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Spectrum Protect Plus IA restore
> > Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
> >
> > Hi Del,
> >
> > Let me clarify what I'm looking for. We want to restore a full VM
> > and we want access to the VM while it's being restored.
> > Until now I discovered the following limitations:
> > 1) A Production restore restores the whole VM but only allows the VM
> > to be booted after the restore has finished.
> > 2) When you select one or multiple disks to be restored, a VM can be
> > booted while the disks are being restored.
> > The problem with option 2 is that it's far more work. One has to
> > create separate restore jobs for each disk because when you select
> > all disks in one go, the order of the disks get mixed up and the VM
> > can't boot.
> > Thanks again for your help!
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Eric van Loon
> > Air France/KLM Storage & Backup

However,

> access?

> > > ********************************************************
> > > For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
> > > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> > > u=http-3A__www.klm.com&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
> > > siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=eAm7STZ6kC6-
> > > v5RpCwbMdQlWQXO3PCrWg_aMcLgbq4A&s=i-
> > > IazBV1cdjd_KYwsvyVR9rnSZkyHQJcLimpHSi6LWY&e= . This e-mail and any
> > > attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended

> > > for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are
notified

> > > that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
copied
> > > or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
> > > attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
> > > received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by

> > > return e-mail, and delete this message.
> > >
> > > Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/
or

> > > its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
> > > transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
> > > any delay in receipt.
> > > Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
> > > Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
> > > registered number 33014286
> > > ********************************************************

> > For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
> > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> > u=http-3A__www.klm.com&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=iBFVeJ_ToVqkrf8hNlyomRPJIJrVmhzDuVGummgOSIQ&s=py5kqT1oc4JXIdYTYC84-
> > SBRQk4QJtDTsxGZzrCn1qk&e= . This e-mail and any attachment may
> > contain confidential and privileged material intended for the
> > addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that
> > no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
> > distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
> > attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
> > received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
> > by return e-mail, and delete this message.
> >
> > Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/
> > or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
> > transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
> > any delay in receipt.
> > Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
> > Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
> > registered number 33014286

> For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?
> u=http-3A__www.klm.com&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=AuGi_menFmQZQHmom8cGoMFGdSESFACUpkFsGOY3NH0&s=VvHyTeWLVVYo51NpRm_j3ErybpZQlDB4EXsIB0hzBhk&e=
> . This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and
> privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not
> the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any
> attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any
> other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly
> prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
> error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and
>
> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/
> or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
> transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
> any delay in receipt.
> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
> Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
> registered number 33014286

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286