Hi all,

I've just upgraded dome servers from 8.1.8.200 to 8.1.10 and it helped a lot by
solving some issues.

Anyway, some old B/A Clients cannot connect anymore : they were backing up just
fine to a 8.1.8 server but they cannot connect to a 8.1.10 one.

For instance :
root@xxxx:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin# LANG=C dsmc q se
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup-Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 6, Release 2, Level 5.0
  Client date/time: 08/20/20   16:08:18
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2013. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: xxxx
ANS1357S Session rejected: Downlevel client code version

and activity log says :
ANR0428W Session 213732 for node XXXX(Linux86) refused - client is down-level
with this server version. (SESSION: 213732)

I've this same issue with a couple of old clients using various old versions
depending of the OS version (Old Win2K or Linux distros...).

Do someone encounter the same issue ? What is the minimum working level right
now ?

Thanks.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي