Hi everybody,

We are running multiple servers. Both our Windows and Linux departments use
their own scripts to configure new (or reinstalled) clients. The script tries
to connect to each TSM/SP server sequentially and if a connection is
successful, the client is configured for that specific server. This has always
been working fine, until we added two servers with client replication. In this
case, a client node exists on two servers, but only one of them is valid: the
one with the node in replmode=send. Technically a client can connect to both
the primary server and the replica server, so the first one in line is used by
the script, which might be the wrong one (replica).
Has anybody found a solutions to overcome something like this? I thought of
using a SQL query through the admin client, but that means that the admin
client has to be installed on all clients and an admin userid/password has to
be included in the scripts. Not the safest solution, I think.
Thanks for any reply in advance!

Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
Air France/KLM Storage & Backup