Hi,

A good "launch pad" page to bookmark is this:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/recovering-microsoft-windows-systems-using-ibm-spectrum-protect-backup-archive-client

Although they are labels as "Windows 2016 and Windows 10", these 3 links are
applicable to all versions:

* Guidelines for Backup and Recovery of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and
Microsoft Windows 10
* Creating Bootable WinPE Media for Recovery of Microsoft Windows Server 2016
and Microsoft Windows 10
* Using Bootable WinPE Media for Recovering of Microsoft Windows Server 2016
and Microsoft Windows 10

The link to creating Bootable WinPE media is this:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/1172410

There you will find the latest version, 2.3, of the scripts. That is the one I
recommend. There is nothing 8.1-specific about it, so I would expect it to work
fine for Windows 2008 R2 server and IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.8.15 client.

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck
IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3