Hi,

I used a cheap storage server (supermirco board, 24x 12 TB HDD + nVME SSD, Debian 10/11, zfs with zraid2, 2x10GE LACP) as a nfs-V3-server.

It works properly as well for FILE volumes as for directory container pools -- and it was much faster than our "old" NL400 Isilon cluster with 3x 32 HDDs.

Unfortunately it was just for testing, but I do miss it, now I use our CephFS cluster, but the performance varies much, the cheap box worked better, was more reliable :-)

Best
Bjørn