Joel,

>From the TDP for SQL 2.2 README file...

   Backups made with TDP for MS SQL Version 1 CANNOT be queried or
   restored using Version 2 nor can backups made with Version 2 be
   queried or restored using Version 1.

   You must keep TDP for MS SQL Version 1 for as long as you have
   Version 1 backups that may need to be restored.

There is a longer explanation on why in the User's Guide.
Look at a section titled:

   Version Migration/Coexistence Considerations

OK. So what can you do?

Install version 1 on Host-B (both V1 and V2 will coexist nicely)
and restore your database.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Joel Fuhrman
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    NGTON.EDU>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     TDP for MS SQL cross server
restore
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    T.EDU>

                    06/11/2001 01:58
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have 2 Windows 2000 servers each running MS SQL7.  The old machine,
Host-A, is running TDP for MS SQL version 1.1.2.01 while the new machine,
Host-B, is running version 2.2.

I want to restore a database that was backed up on Host-A to Host-B.  When
attempt to view the backup tree for Host-A on Host-B's tdpsql gui screen,
nothing is displayed and the TSM server logs this error:

ANR9999D smnode.c(5323): Error validating inserts for event 14995.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong?