Is it possible to make TSM think that a subdir of a filesystem on
a unix box is really another filespace?
      For example, suppose I have /usr on its own filesystem, but /usr/local
is not; it is in /usr.  One day I decide that since I tend to install the
same programs in all of the machines in /usr/local that it would be better
if I did this on one machine, and had the others mount it via NFS.
      Unforunately, I have a dozen machines that all have /usr/local backed
up in their /usr filespace on the TSM server (TSM 4.1 on AIX 4.3.3).
      If I had made /usr/local/ be a separate filesystem on each of these
machines, then I could simply delete the filespace on the server for each
of these nodes, except the new NFS server.
      What I am wondering is, is there a option I can put into the config
files to say that /usr/local/ should be backed up to its own filespace,
even though it is part of another filesystem?

      This is a contrived example, but being able to make "fake" filespaces
is one possible solution to several other scenarios that I am considering.

--
"There is no parameter that makes it impossible        Jack McKinney
     for you to perform still more excellently."       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature