We have 2 3580 drives with the 3583 changer. The devclass for these drives shows them
being of format=ultriumc, which I assume means compressed. I have compression turned
on at the clients. Are my drives also compressing, or is there more to setting up
drive compression than formatting with the ultriumc option? When my tapes are first
checked in they show estimated capacity of about 200GB, once they are used and "full"
they show an estimated capacity of about 100GB.

Also, is there a "best" way to compress, or does it differ depending on disk space,
processor, backup window, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff