Hi Paul

Tivoli Storage Manager offers alot of tools to opimize restore and backup.
If you have a high speed network you could try optimizeing the TCPnodelay
parameter to YES from NO

If you have enugh cpu power and enugh memorry you could try opimizing these
parameters

Increase the TCPWINDOWZIE parameter

If you think this is a communication problem you shold consider the
TCPBUFFSIZE parameter, you should be avare tha this parameter requers more
memmory.

If you are restoring from a multible volumes you could increase the
Resourceutilization parameter. this can be wery CPU exensive.

But still Paul there is no way of knowing why you have slow restores, from
the information you give us. I recommend you try this and if this dosent
work you should try focusing on the way you backup youre data then. you
could try to backup your directorys to a disk storagepools, enable disk
cache, or enable collocation for this client.

Hope this helps.

Tomas Eugene
"What can´t happen, happens again"

Kvedja/Regards
Petur Eythorsson
Taeknimadur/Technician
Kerfisfraedingur IR
Tivoli Storage Manager Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
Nyherji Hf            Simi TEL: +354-569-7700
Borgartun 37       105 Iceland