From: Hunley, Ike
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 3:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Archive hangs and Poor Archive Performance at TSM 4.1.2 &
4.2

HEAR!  HEAR!  That's what we've been saying all along.  Not only that, but
Tivoli support has consistently implied that the programmers scripts caused
the problem, so the programmer is not happy with Tivoli at all!
To make matters worse, it took almost a month for them to tell us to
implement TSM 4.2

They also asked dumps and traces.  When trace was on archive processes did
not hang.  Nothing happened the same way twice.  This has been a moving
target so it's a difficult bug to shoot.

I say that a process that had sub-second response in a prior release should
have the same or better response in a software release "upgrade".

Now we discover that this is a known problem.