Would this also be applicable if all data was going directly to tape? and
data is being archived for
3 and 8 years?

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurice van 't Loo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 11:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: volhist file extremely large

Matthew,

We use a "delete volhist type=all todate=today-14", the tapes that contains
data will not be deleted from the volhist.
The onlyest concern is the database backups and exports.

As i know, if you keep the database backups only for 2 days and no exports,
you can even use 3 days for the volhist.

Greetings,

Maurice van 't Loo
Compare Computers
The Netherlands