Big Brother tells me that Sean McNamara wrote:
> Good Morning,
>

> I asked this question a bit earlier in the week and did not get much of a
> response.  I am simply trying to do a "dsmc incr <directory>" on a server and it
> asks for a user id (interactively).  I am attempting to run this command as part
> of a scheduled job and have not been able to figure out how to pass it a
> "return" in my unix script.  Do I have to pass a return in the script or can I
> set an option to avoid the user id request?

dsmc incremental -password=foobar

    The node name should be in your dsm.opt file.  If not, you can specify
it as:

dsmc incremental -virtualnode=foo -password=bar

    Technically, virtualnode is not the correct option, but it does work.
I think the correct option is "-nodename=foo".

--
"Friends don't let friends compile on AIX"
Jack McKinney  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.lorentz.com

PGP signature