From: Stumpf, Joachim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 08:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fw: FW: v4.2.1 TSM Clients

I think it's true!

I tested the new client on a W2k machine and I got the same RC you described
below.
If one file fails (e.g. it's in use by another proccess), the schedule
returns with a result code of 4.

I hope Tivoli works on a fix for that.
We have some automatically checking for result code <> 0 (if there was
a problem while backing up; and I think "file in use..." isn't a big
problem)

regards,
Joachim Stumpf
Datev eG

"Subash, Chandra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2001,
06:41:31, MEST):

> i HAVE GOT THIS EMAIL FROM ONE OF MY FRIENDS. GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK IS IT
> TRUE ?
>
> Hi Guys
>
> According to Tivoli Support they have made an alteration to way client
> v4.2.1 reports Result code 4 to the server. Earlier version clients would
> allow for a certain number of files to fail during the backup and still
> report to the server that the Schedule was successful. However version
4.2.1
> has been altered so that a result code of failed will be reported to the
> server even if 1 file fails during a backup.
> ntcmachine had been failing on some WINNT system files which I have added
> exceptions for under direction of Tivoli support and now backups of this
> machine seem to be successful.
> Bob from Tivoli suggested that if we are worried about seeing failed
result
> codes on the daily report that there may be a way to generate a report
> listing statistics of how many files or how much data had been backed up
> from each machine to provide a more accurate picture as to whether the
> backups were successful.

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that
no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and
that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart
Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for
the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.