Henk told us:

> use), and last but not least, after a server restart, most of the private
> volumes in the tape library becomes scratch, and scratch volumes becomes
> private (APAR IC31691). So what happens is that if TSM asked for a scratch
> volume, the Library Manager gives 95% of the time a private volume, thank God
> TSM recognise this volume as one of his a private volumes, asked again for a
> scratch volume, and on and on and on. So sometimes mount takes for hours. We use
> now a script to get the Library manager in sync with the TSM server (i.e. change
> the categories with mtlib).

So, here are the scripts. Update at least correct_library.sh and the macro's
to match your environment...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams

scripts.tar