From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Guillaume Gilbert
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 11:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ANS4018E - File name too long

Hi all

We've had this error on a WinNT SP5 box ever since we upgraded the
client to 4.1.3. It's not the actual filename that is long but the whole
directory structure which has
10 levels and over 200 characters. The server is 4.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3. We
get this error both in the client schedlog and in the server activity
log.

Is there a limitation on the number of characters for a directory or
file.

I have checked ADSM.ORG and there was talk about this problem but no
actual solution did come out.

Thanks for the help.

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI - Montreal