Mobile    +44(0) 7768 361-885
email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Group mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------- Forwarded by Bruce Mitchell on 16/11/2001 13:51
---------------------------

From: Bruce Mitchell on 16/11/2001 11:07

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  Re: TDPO 2.2 some undesirable behaviour.

Has anyone seen the following behviour with their sbtio.log under Solaris and TDP for
Oracle V2.2. I cant find anything on Tivoli's Knowledge base..
Any hints/tip are welcome....

Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0)207 541-4705
Mobile    +44(0) 7768 361-885
email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Group mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------- Forwarded by Bruce Mitchell on 16/11/2001 11:09
---------------------------

From: Martin-db Baker on 16/11/2001 11:06

To:   Bruce Mitchell
cc:
Subject:  Re: TDPO 2.2 some undesirable behaviour.  (Document link: Database 'Bruce
Mitchell', View '($Inbox)')

Bruce,

     the sbtio.log is according to the RMAN documentation the 3rd Party media
management log file, and contains " information on the functioning of  the media
management device. " and is owned/populated by the media manager.

     Given that debug=49 is superceded by TPDO_TRACE and I don't have this in the
dsm.optora_alt file, and even when I do put it in the TDPOconfig file it doesn;t have
any effect on the sbtio.log. But seems to have the effect of forking the log and
duplicates much of the output.
tdpo.opt specifies nothing beyond the minimum.

This is the contents of the tdpo TDPO_OPTFILE

TDPO_NODE vss1fxp1ora2
DSMI_ORC_CONFIG /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.optora_alt
TDPO_PSWDPATH /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin
TDPO_OWNER oracle
TDPO_FS RMSPRDorc
DSMI_LOG /u003/RMS/admin/scripts/dsmi_RMSDEV1.log
TDPO_NUM_BUFFERS 8
TDPO_TRACE_FLAGS orclevel0
TDPO_TRACE_FILE /u003/RMS/admin/scripts/tdpo_RMSDEV1.log

I have a sneeking suspicion that Tivoli have shipped the agent with the debugger
defaulted ON.... Can you PMR this or check their knowledge base?

Martin Baker
Oracle Database Administrator
FX/IT
020 754(5 6039)