Ive' had this happen before, still not sure what does it - as your AIX guys
if they installed any maintenance, or did something that would change
permissions - I'll bet they did.

If you have passwordaccess GENERATE, the TSM password is encrypted into a
file in /etc/security somewhere.  Sometimes something wipes it out (or maybe
changes the permissions on the file), and we get the results you describe.

Still haven't tracked down why, let me know if you find out anything!

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert