From: Nancy Reeves [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 2:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Recover log at 5120MB and full - Cannot start TSM

Here is what I do when the recovery log fills, also on AIX. My notes agree
with the person who said that the Extend size has to be a multiple of 4
and 1 less than the DSMFMT size. (What the other person said about max
size being 5G, might cause this to not work, though.)

If server will not start because the recovery log is full:
  1) Find a location for an extra recovery log file
  2) DSMFMT -LOG <fullfn> <size1> -- where size1 = 4x+1, where x => 2
  3) DSMSERV EXTEND LOG <fullfn> <size2> -- where size2 = size1-1
  4) DSMSERV -- to start the server normally
  5) Solve the problem that caused the recovery log to fill.
  6) After the server is up, either create a mirror for this recovery log
or preferably remove it from use.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          316-978-3860

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company