The upgrade of the OS caused us a grief a couple of times. Here's
the note from the readme:

* Possible performance degradation due to threading                  *

On some systems Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX may exhibit significant
performance degradation due to TSM using user threads instead of
kernel threads.

This may be an AIX problem however, to avoid the performance degradation
you should set the following environment variables before you start
the server.

    export AIXTHREAD_MNRATIO=1:1
    export AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S

        Run the command "env |grep AIXTHREAD". If it does not come back with
the 2 settings above, it may be your problem.

Ben
Micron Technology Inc.