Gary,

I understand your frustration at starting out, but the SQL command for this
request is not difficult and has been answered on this list a number of
times.  It is difficult to pull that information out with all the activity
and matches that you get, however, so feel free to ask such questions here.

One format of the command you need is:

select volume_name, stgpool_name, filespace_name from volumeusage where
node_name='NODENAME'

where NODENAME is the name of the node in question in all caps.

That will show you which primary and copy pool tapes you need for the
restore.

To just see the tapes for a specific storage pool for you case, add a
selection of the storage pool name:

select volume_name, stgpool_name, filespace_name from volumeusage where
node_name='NODENAME' where stgpool_name='TAPEPOOL'

where TAPEPOOL is the name of your primary tape pool.

As you already know, this is not necessary if you have enough robot slots to
hold all your primary tapepool tapes.  Proper sizing of a TSM environment
before purchase is quite important.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer