Maybe the best idee I heard untill now, If you're planning a major upgrade,
switch on collocation on your storagepool first and then run a selective
(full) backup of your system, this will bring the restore time down to the
time it takes to mount about 8 tapes and read them....

(and switch collaocation off again :)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams