Hi. Per the 4.2.1.20 readme IE v 3.02.
I just did a deinstall and reinstall and ONLY had the option for online
doc...to select
install only if required. I have not rebooted yet, but still have the same
problem
(w/o IE installed).

/4.2.1.20]>more IP22373_20_READ1STC.TXT

Software Requirements
---------------------

  - The Windows Unicode client is supported on the following Windows
versions:

    - Windows NT 4.0 SP3, SP4, SP5, SP6, SP6a
    - Windows 2000 Professional SP2
    - Windows 2000 Server SP2
    - Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
    - Windows 2000 Datacenter Server SP2
    - Windows XP - 32 bit

  HTML Help System Requirements

  - Prerequisites:

    This release includes integrated HTMLHELP Online Information
    including books, readmes, questions and answers and TSM related
    web links.

    The HTMLHELP Help Viewer requires that Microsoft Internet
    Explorer version 3.02 or later be set up on a user's
    computer. It is not required that Internet Explorer be used as
    the system's default browser, or that the Internet Explorer icon
    be visible on the user's desktop. To obtain the latest version
    of Internet Explorer visit:

    - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie

    Note that TSM will not set up an old version of the Help Viewer
    over a newer one.  If you want to update the help viewer at any
    time visit:

    -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/tools/htmlhelp/wkshp/download_main.htm

    Windows 2000 users should not run the HTML Help Installation and
    Update Package. Help component updates are provided via Windows
    service packs. For more information, visit the Windows 2000 Home
    Page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp.