From: Al'shaebani, Bassam [mailto:Bassam.Al'[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 7:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Utilizing All My drives

Hello TSM'rs,
I have a question. Here's my senario, We backup to disk. Then
Copy/Migrate to tape once the backups complete.
I have 6 3590B drives. When my copy/migration from disk to tape is
running, I only see about
two tapes being mounted, thus I'm only using two out of my 6 drives. I
have increaded the number
MAXPROC to 2, and noticed a considerable change in copy and migration
time.
My question is 1) What is the max number of proc I can assign with 6
drives?
2) Is there something esle I should also be doing to utilize more
drives?
your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-bassam