Looking through the log, I see Normal file ....Sent for every file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Raibeck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Why are all my NT files getting backed up again?

Good question.

The TSM client won't back up the file again if the archive bit is changed
(all other things being unchanged), but it will update the information in
the TSM server database.

Check the dsmsched.log file to see if the files are actually being backed
up, or just updated. Each updated file will show "Updating-->" instead of
"Normal File-->" if this is the case.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The command line is your friend.

"Malbrough, Demetrius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/22/2002 13:11