Put the commands into a script and execute the script.
We also experienced this problem and found that executing a script worked

"Seay, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 03/28/2002 11:48:32
AM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject:  Re: Nohup Scheduler Service.

I think if you do a ctrl-z and type bg enter it will send the task to the
background.  We have never been able to get nohup to work on the dsmserv
start up and go to the background.  The other possibility is to put the
whole think in parenthesis (nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &).

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown, Bud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Nohup Scheduler Service.

Anybody,

I am trying to get the scheduler service to run in the background and to
continue running after a logout.  My TSM server is ver. 4.1.4.1 and AIX
4.3.3, my tsm b-a client is 4.1.4 on a Unix Tru64 OS.  I was using the
'Tivoli Storage Manager for UNIX - Using the Backup-Archive Clients', in
chapter 5 'Automating TSM Tasks.'  In the chapter it details using the
following statement 'nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &'.  However, it only
continues to run while I am logged in, if I log out and log back in, the
process can not be found.  Our software vendor affirmed that he could get
other processes to run after a logout, but could not get the dsmc schedule
process to run after a logout.  It is probably obvious I am not a Unix guru
so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Bud Brown
Information Services