Here are some performance numbers of showing what you can expect with
Lan free, different file sizes and different tapes:

TSM LAN Free backup/restore performance

Selective Backup and Restore

|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------
+-----------------|
|Workload Size    |3580 Fibre       |3590E Fibre      |3580 Fibre
|3590E Fibre      |
|                 |selective backup |selective backup |restore (KB/sec)
|restore (KB/sec) |
|                 |(KB/sec)         |(KB/sec)         |
|                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------
+-----------------|
|256MB files      |34202            |34466            |28105
|29677            |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------
+-----------------|
|Mixed files (64KB|5667             |6244             |9118
|9571             |
|avg)             |                 |                 |
|10KB files       |1057             |1534             |2599
|2581             |

 Similar numbers have been published by Tivoli in a number of
presentations.