From: Daniel Sparrman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 6:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Veritas/Legato/ArcServ

Hi

Using incrementals on Veritas Netbackup has a disadvantage; it slow down
restores. There is support cases at Veritas confirming that when using
incremental backups, restore times can take up to 10 times normal time.
The solution for this, according to Veritas, is to use full backups
instead of incremental.

And, when using multiplexing, the restore won't go that much faster.
Netbackup still has to do a partial restore;first the full backup, then
the incrementals. This is not a effective way of doing restores...

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Seay, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2002-04-18 05:28