I will give this a try when I get brave enough to trust it will no kill my
system.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Raibeck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 10:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TSM/ODBC connection not working...

Hi Paul,

Try the 5.1.0.1 ODBC driver. From Excel XP, I am able to use the "Import"
feature as well as the DB query feature (via MSQRY32) to get data into an
Excel spreadsheet.

By the way, even they are not supported, with this version of the driver, I
have had success in connecting via:

- DB2 Warehouse Manager

- JDBC-ODBC bridge

- ActiveState Perl (version 5.005_03, build 522 + roth ODBC driver dated
12-21-1991 from www.roth.net)

- Crystal Reports (known to work with earlier TSM ODBC driver versions)

- Access XP (probably will be supported this year)

- Excel XP (probably will be supported this year)

- VBScript (known to work with earlier TSM ODBC driver versions)

- Visual Basic 6.0 (using Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 SP4 and Microsoft
DataGrid Control 6.0 SP5)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The command line is your friend.

"Seay, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/05/2002 08:53