The real issue is that the backup looks successful to us.  We know that
Exchange has a problem.  We need other than a RC=0 from the point of view of
the tdpexecc command.  And, documentation what the return codes are.

-----Original Message-----
From: Del Hoobler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 7:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange RC=425 on Information Store

> ANE4993E (Session: 9538, Node: NNSE8_XCH)  TDP MSExchgV2
>  NT ACN3502 TDP for Microsoft Exchange: full backup of  Information
> Store from server NNSE8 failed, rc = 425.

Paul,

RC=425 for Exchange means there was an Exchange API error.
This can mean a variety of things, but essentially the
Exchange Server did not like something that
you were trying to do. This could be an internal Exchange Server problem or
that you were attempting an invalid scenario.

To find out what is happening you should examine the
TDP for Exchange log file (usually tdpexc.log) found in the
TDP for Exchange installation directory (unless you redirected it.) The log
file may give you an idea what the problem is. It should have the detailed
Exchange Server API message.

Also, you should check the standard output of the tdpexcc command. (Redirect
it to a log file in scheduled events to capture it.)

Also check the Windows Event Log for any errors or warnings coming from
Exchange itself. If all that fails to show the problem, please call IBM
support so that a trace can be gathered and examined.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Leave everything a little better than you found it.
- Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.