I go one step farther, in never storing the password itself on disk, but
instead storing an encrypted form of it. The key is stored in a separate
location. The script decrypts it each time it uses it, and never stores
it. When I change the password, I change the key too. It's kind of like
requiring two passwords. All this is only stored on/running on a root
account.

I agree that somehow implementing password generate for the dsmadmc
command would be better. Or, what if it simply did not require a
password if it was running on root? If the unix root user is
compromised, what does TSM have left to hide?

Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
============== Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU. ===============