From: Firmes, Stephen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 4:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Multimedia environment using ACSLS

What I am trying to get working is this:

I have an STK L700 lib with approx 384 slots
4 DLT7000 drives
1 STK 9940 drive
1 STK 9840 drive
1 STK 9840B drive

I have the following media types:

DLTIV - compat with DLT7000
9840 (STK1R) compat with 9840 and 9840B
9940 (STK2R) compat with 9940 drive

I have defined 3 libraries within TSM

DLTLIB
9940LIB
9840LIB

I also have three corresponding device classes:

DLT
T9940
T9840

The issue that I am having is that the three libraries can only operate one
at a time.  This is because I can not define the library as SHARED=YES,
because that option is only valid for 349X and SCSI.

Solaris 8
ACSLS 6.0.1
TSM 4.2.1.9

Thanks for your help.