> Due to low bandwidth to a location we think of buying TDP for
> Domino (for e-mail)
> We have 10 GB total NFS size on the server and every NSF
> is just e-mail database.
> How should I expect transferred data after TDP comes?
> Now 10 GB transferred every night which
> kills all other applications during night?

Burak,

>From your description above, I assume the main reason you
are looking at TDP for Domino is because if you enable
transaction logging on your Domino server, you can configure
TDP for Domino to just transfer the new and changed data
each night.

Keep in mind that you will have to initially back up all
of the .NSF files. After that, you will back up the
transaction logs to capture the new and changed data.

You will also need to back up all of the .NSF files again,
on a weekly basis, for example, so that you if you need to
restore, you are not restoring too many transaction logs.
Also keep in mind that if the DBIID of a database changes,
you will need to run a backup of that database again in order
for the transaction logs to be eligible for replay against
that particular database.

If your servers are not busy or do not generate too much data,
you may not have to run the full database backup as often.
Along the same lines, if your Domino server is very busy and
generates a lot of data, you may have to run full backups
more than once a week.  It all depends on your data...

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Leave everything a little better than you found it.
- Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.