Thanks for the responses, but I have a follow up question.  Perhaps, a more
fundamental question is, how can I determine if compression is enabled on the 3494?
Or, is it ON by default?

Mahesh

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/01/02 11:04AM >>>
Yes, where cartirdge is FULL its estimated capacity is the real capacity.
And if you have some files already expired the percentage will be less
than 100. In other words if tape fills and then data on it expire it will
reach 100% and later decrease. If expiration happens before tape gets
filled you will never get 100%.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>