Thanks for your answer!

So what is the value "SDLTC" in device class "DLT" for? Probably to choice
between compression/nocompression - right?  Because of the hardware/os
combination the TSM device driver is used -  IT is a Tivoli TSM thing! No
one having the same problem?

Cherrs,

Timo Kilchenmann, Bechtle Data AG Regensdorf, Tel:   (+41) 1 843 34 91

 Externe Mail : "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 04.06.2002    13:24

              Gesendet von: "ADSM:
              Dist Stor Manager"         An:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     Kopie:
                                         Thema: Re: Problems setting compression on
SDLT drives in a Compaq MSL5026SL         library
              Bitte antworten an
              "ADSM: Dist Stor
              Manager"

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Kilchenmann Timo
> We use a Compaq MSL5026SL tapelibrary. Device class "DLT" is configured
> use SDLTC recording format. Compression is ON until TSM does access the
> drives for the first time - after that compression is OFF (according to
> library/drive configuration information). TSM Server is 4.2.1.0 on W2K.
>
> Can someone advice me how to configure TSM so that it uses drive
> compression? Many thanks in advance!

TSM does not contain a mechanism for setting hardware parameters. (Almost
impossible with the thousands of drive/OS combinations possible!) It sounds
like a bug in the tape driver.

--
Mark Stapleton ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Certified TSM consultant