Very close :) Actually not DSMSERV_DIR but "current directory" where the
server is started. Usually rc.adsmserv script changes to the directory
(you can look in it) before to start the server. That's why dsmaccnt.log
gets there when server is started from /etc/inittab. If you halt the
server and start it not through rc.adsmserv (being in another directory)
you will have another accounting log at different place.
>From TSM for AIX Administrator's Guide (v4.2, p.432):
"Accounting records are stored in the dsmaccnt.log file. The
DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR environment variable specifies the directory where
the accounting file is opened. If this variable is not set when the server
is started, the dsmaccnt.log file is placed in the current directory when
the server starts."
I prefer to modify inittab line to include init level "a" thus being to
start the server again using 'telinit a'.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:        Re: dsmaccnt.log location

Well, sorry to confuse!-- I have 6 different dsmaccnt.logs set up on two
different servers, and I don't remember setting or exporting
DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR (I didn't reaslise it was a valid env variable). I
wonder I how I got them in the right place.....maybe it just followed the
DSMSERV_DIR variables' location?

lisa

                    Zlatko
                    Krastev/ACIT         To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    <acit@ATTGLOBA       cc:
                    L.NET>               Subject:     Re: dsmaccnt.log
location
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/18/2002
                    01:51 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

???
DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR is an environment variable and has nothing to do
with dsmserv.opt.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Set it in the dsmserv.opt file and restart the server.

                    David E
                    Ehresman              To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    <deehre01@LOUIS       cc:
                    VILLE.EDU>            Subject:     dsmaccnt.log
location
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ST.EDU>

                    06/14/2002
                    08:16 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Enivronment:  TSM 5.1.0 running on AIX 5.1

In my /etc/profile, I have
 "export DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR=/var/adm/tsm" which should cause the
dsmaccnt.log to be created in /var/adm/tsm.  But it continues to be
created in the server install path, /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin.  Any
ideas what else I need to do to get dsmaccnt.log created in
/var/adm/tsm?

David