I've just done some bare metal restore tests with 5.11 client on w2k dc in a
test environment.  2 DC's in AD domain, native mode, integrated DNS, both
servers Global Catalog servers.  All fsmo's on dc1, I restored dc2.  The
restore worked fine except for TSM.  Failed to start one of the services
after the restore - said a file was missing.  (TSM was installed via Group
Policy).  Had to play around a bit to uninstall TSM then reinstall then
things seemed to work fine.  I've run into something similar with a 4.1
client and DC restores.  It's tough talking to TSM support when doing Bare
Metal Restores - I get the line - We don't support that!

I've done multiple member server restore tests with 5.11 and never ran into
this problem but ran into it 2 times on dc restores.  I also tried a
retrieve combined with MS system state restore.  This seemed to work better
(here no problems with tsm but there were a couple weird ad messages).  But
the resulting system seemed to be fine.

All of my restores were to exact same h/w.

You just have to be sure to be backing up the system state (DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL
will do it).  For a DC I would recommend running MS Backup of System State
as insurance.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg