if you lmcpd is running, you won't see a /dev/lmcp# on a sun box as you
would on an aix box...
under sun just simply use the name that is in the /etc/ibmatl.conf
        tsmatl05 149.183.246.88  tsmsrv10
so here I just use tsmatl05
zdec23@tsmsrv10/export/home/zdec23 > mtlib -l tsmatl05 -qL | more
Library Data:
   operational state..........Automated Operational State
   functional state...........00
   input stations.............1
   output stations............1
   input/output status........ALL input stations empty
                              ALL output stations empty
   machine type...............3494
   sequence number............10774
   number of cells............2339
<...stuff deleted...>

if lmcpd is active, try an mtlib against the atl identifier as found in
/etc/ibmatl.conf and see if you can talk to it, if you can from the OS you
should be able to from within TSM

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220