Wanda,

Yeah, the Web Admin client is pretty lame.

That's why I use Excel and an ODBC link to the database.  It's read only,
but I have full filtering, searching, sorting, etc. of Excel to work with
what comes back from the queries.

I have a spreadsheet called GUI_ODBC and it includes the embedded Microsoft
Query queries.  I just select the page of info I'm interested in (like
"volumes") and click the Refresh icon.  In about three seconds I have a new
list of volumes with all fields displayed.

If I have to do something with a particular volume, I usually resort to the
command line.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

                    "Prather, Wanda"

                    <Wanda.Prather@J       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    HUAPL.EDU>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: Web Admin Interface - grrr

                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    T.EDU>

                    08/12/2002 11:53

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

I STILL run the old 3.1 GUI.
The bigger your TSM gets (We are at 550 clients on the largest server),
the more impossible it becomes to use the web admin
because of the lack of filtering and sorting capability.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert