We just upgraded our STK L700 library from 6 DLT8000 drives to 8 DLT8000 drives. When
reinstalling the TSM Solaris device drivers it only recognizes 6 of the 8 tape drives.
It recognizes 1 of the new ones and drops one of the preexisting ones. We verified
that the tape drives where working from the OS. Each sbus card controls 2 drives and
has the target id's set to 1 and 0 on each card.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Environment: TSM Server 5.1.5.1 - Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500, 4 GB RAM, OS: Solaris
2.7, Library: Storage Tek L700, 8 - DLT8000 drives SCSI attached.

Thank You in advance.

Tom Molloy
Textron Financial Corporation
Information Systems