Sam,

if I want to trace a W2K client I use these parameters in the opt-file:

*
* Tracelog-File
*
*TRACEFlags             service
TRACEFlags              perform
TRACEFIle               C:\Programme\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmtrace.log

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / regards
Joachim Stumpf

------------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

TSMers,

TSM Server AIX 5.1, TSM 5.1.6.2
TSM Client W2K, TSM 5.1.5.15

I'm trying to run a trace on a W2K client.   I have used the following command, but
see no output from the trace:

        dsmc sel 'filename' -subdir=yes testflag=instrument:detail

This is supposed to create a trace file, dsminstr.report, in the same directory as the
dsmerror.log.  I'm not see it.  Is there another option to name the output file?  It
seems to run, but no output is being created.

Thanks,

Sam Schrage
Systems Engineer
InfoSystems, Inc