From: Bob Booth - UIUC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Strange Windows scheduler problem

Server: AIX TSM 5.1.7
Client: Windows version 5.01, TSM client 5.2.1

I am having a very strange problem with a remote Windows box.  It is set up
for a schedule, and when the schedule time comes around, the TSM server
attempts continuously to contact the client, but the client never responds.

I have had the owner of the machine remove and restart the scheduler service
on the box serveral times, and I can see it show up in the activity log.

I can ping the client at port 1501, so it seems like it is listening, but
the
schedule always comes up as 'Missed'.  It don't see connection refused or
any other errors coming from the schedule, just ANR2561I messages every 30
seconds until the duration runs out.

Have others had this problem, and before I walk across campus is there any
diagnosis techniques to use or questions that I can ask?

Is there some problem with 'prompted' mode backups on Windows, or any
special
way the client scheduler service needs to be set up for this to work?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

bob